17 August 2011

Lonely



I am well aware that participating in a triathlon event is an individual sport and that it is up to me to push my body through. However, this has been a very LONELY training season to say the least. I am so alone with all of my thoughts good and bad and I can only hope that training solo will help me finish the Ironman solo. I know that there will be TONS of people supporting me and without that I probably wouldn't have ANY good thoughts in my head. It's what will get me to the finish line. I can not wait for this to be done so that I can get back to group workouts...I miss you Jessica & Emily but thanks for being there in thought for EVERY workout. With that said, if anyone is up for a bike ride, swim, or run I'm ready!

2 comments:

  1. well if this isn't the biggest downer ever :(
    but i can see what you mean. and i'm MORE than up for our dirty girl adventure (does steve read this blog?), and then more runs to come. you can bike alone. and i'm also totally ready to whack you with a stick from a kayak, if that's on your training schedule anytime soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my bike will be ready tomorrow. i know that i can't go as far/as fast as you might need to, but i'll try if you want the company in these last few weeks. (you're tapering, right?!)

    ReplyDelete