07 April 2011

Meet George & Martha


We had another great trip to the Nation's Capital and another great race. This time we had the privilege of running through the amazing cherry blossoms that were in full bloom. Amazingly enough, I was able to keep pace with Patrick and we averaged a speedy (for me at least) 9:27 minute mile. Plus, we both kept the wigs on the entire race! They helped keep our heads warm 'cause it was definitely a chilly start!



I also found my new favorite race shirt....

(it says "does this shirt make my butt look fast?")


We took the Amtrak train out and people, if you ever get a chance, take the train, it's totally our preferred way to travel - and get the sleeper car!





And what race or trip wouldn't be complete without a cupcake from DC cupcakes! yum!

1 comment:

  1. Lorie, as always, I love your positive attitude. And, although I realize I don't see you every day after a long training day, it sure seems like you're seizing every moment to make it fun along the way. Your trip to DC looks like so fun!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete