07 May 2011

BIG SUR

Best Marathon EVER!
Despite the 40 hills and 2700 feet in climb.
I would not have made it here without you Emily!

At this point we were all so emotionally exhausted and I was still hesitant...

Here is the temporary road fix at the site of the collapse and
the reason for the out & back course.

Waiting in the soup isle at the Safeway Grocery store because we were shivering outside!
Here a few of my favorite mile markers!

Mile one made me laugh only because we had to get ready in the pitch black due to a power outage in the hotel...we were ready to have to jump through fire at the end of this race!
Always waiting in line for the potty!


No Joke! 40 HILLS!
Mile 20 was a happy site for me, 'cause I was still feeling pretty good and my last training run (which was HORRIBLE) was about to be behind me!

Singing praises at the finish!

Can't beat this view!

1 comment:

  1. boom.
    you did it, lorie lu.
    i couldn't have been MORE PROUD.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete