12 January 2011

Just Keep Swimming

I am happy to report that I LOVE swimming and probably will until I'm 90 years old. I'm not a fast swimmer but at least I actually enjoy it. I love that you can get this great workout without having any PAIN afterward, unlike biking or running. That's not to say that jumping into icky Lake Mendota with 2,000 other people sounds like a good idea to me, but I know I will survive and for most Ironman competitors, surviving the swim is all that they hope for! As you can see from my photo, wearing a swim cap, goggles, and a skin tight wet suit is not attractive, but they are necessary evils. I'm thinking that one of my later posts should be a video of me getting INTO my wetsuit...it's a workout in and of itself! It would be worth a good laugh anyway. Come to think of it, no workout gear is particularly attractive on me. I'm always in search of cute fitness attire, thus the reason for the running skirts and fun bike jerseys. It's the little things that keep me happy.

3 comments:

  1. One of the cutest pictures I've ever seen of you. Absolutely beautiful. Also, wondering if after seeing the video of you getting into your wetsuit, we could see a follow-up video of some hunky, hulky "stripper" yanking you out of it.... also worth a good laugh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah!
    i love this photo of you, too.
    beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your COOL swim cap! So, does it match your suit??? You are stylin'.

    ReplyDelete